Monday, August 11, 2008

ME Makeup Day and Grip Report

Warmed up with:
750 m row with
5 strokes at 22 spm (strokes per minute)
5 strokes at 24
increase by 2 spm up to 34 spm and back down

Great way to learn how to push with the legs hard and recover. Next time same thing but maintain wattage output per stroke.

10 Overhead Squats with Broom Stick.

WOD
10 Ring Dips - 1 at a time except one set I tried 2

Deadlift - 3-5-3-1-1-3
Loads 135-135-165-185-190-195(new 3 rep PR)

I can't wait to see what my max is soon. :)

So, after that I was going to do 10 - 100m sprints but I spent everything on the Deadlift so I will do my endurance training tomorrow instead.




This weekend Robby and I joined Joe and Elissa to take a trip to Lynnwood for a grip competition that he put together. Elissa and I helped judge and record scores. In the end Robert from CA and in the blue pants was 1st, Robby was 2nd, Dan in the red shirt was 3rd, Joe with the phone book he ripped in half was 4th, Jesse with the white hat was 5th, and Travis in the gray shirt was 6th.

The competition consisted of 5 events. Thanks to YouTube I found an example of each event.

Grippers - Fast forward through the beginning to see it in action.


Pinch Grip Dead Lift


Rolling Thunder


Nail Bending


Medley

No comments: